Heavy equipment operators have a heavy responsibility that reaches far beyond the material transported. Unfortunately, every year there are fatalities due to back overs, falling materials, blind spots, and out of commission equipment that has not been properly locked out and tagged out.
- alarmed vehicles when backing up
- proper signage (OSHA signs, Slow Moving Vehicle signs, Conspicuity Tape)
- lockout and tag out damage machinery
- wear highly visible personal protection equipment
- cordon off potentially dangerous areas with brightly colored safety cones
- avoiding distractions such as using cell phone or electronic devices.
At SA-SO Signs & Safety, safety is our business, and we want to help make our communities safer. Please stay alert and pay careful attention when traveling in and around work sites.